How to Link Content to a Course Page
You can link content in the course to a wiki page by adding Links to other course content, Files, and Images.
Links allow the user to direct students to other pages or content in the course. For example, you may choose to insert a link to redirect students to a course Page, assignment, quiz, announcement, discussion, module, or course navigation tab.
Linking to a List or Index
In the expandable menus titled Assignments, Quizzes, Announcements, Discussions, and Modules, you have the option to link to the corresponding area’s List or Index. This gives students a direct link to the tool, rather than to a specific item in the course.
The Files option allows users to insert a link to any document uploaded via the Files tab in the course. You also have the convenient option of uploading a new file to your course without leaving the page via the Upload a new file link found below the list of course files.
The Images option gives you the choice of either browsing for and uploading a new image from your computer or searching for a pre-existing image via Flickr Creative Commons. The images found via the Flickr Creative Commons option are open copyrighted images that can be used for free in your course. If you are looking for other images, UCF’s license permits us to use these resources for educational purposes:
- ARTstor – A digital library of nearly one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences for research and pedagogical purposes.
- AP Images – Photographs from as early as 1840’s and other graphics spanning over 160 years of history. Includes a small selection of recent sound clips.
How to Add Content Links to Pages
- In your course, click on Pages in the left-hand menu.
- Click the View All Pages button.
- Click on the page name.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click on the area on the Page where you would like to add your link.
- Using the menu on the right, select the content you would like to insert. The inserted material will flash yellow, signifying that it has been successfully linked.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the Page.