Adding a Guest
The purpose of Guest Access is to allow a non-UCF individual into an online course. For example, you might have a guest speaker who is moderating a discussion topic.
- Guest Access should NOT be requested for, or provided to, UCF students enrolled in your course. The reason for this restriction is to ensure that students are added to an online course using UCF conventions.
- To preserve UCF’s NID conventions, the assigned username/login will follow UCF protocols.
- Due to increased security concerns, you must provide the following information about your guest and a reason why you want this individual to have access to your course. All of the following fields must be completed.
- Guest access may be expunged from the system due to inactivity or failure to follow UCF’s Golden Rule policies.
Restrictions for Academic Sections
- Guest Access cannot be requested in the role of a Teacher, Designer, or TA for an Academic Section. If you are seeking access for the role of Teacher, Designer or TA for your academic section please contact your department (scheduler).
- This Guest Access for Academic Sections is limited to the Observer and Student roles (see below).
- Guest Access for Non-Academic/Special Programs courses is not limited.
Process for Requesting Guest Access
Step 1 – Request UCF Sponsored Account
The UCF Sponsored Account Request Form must be completed by the UCF sponsor. (A sponsor is the UCF faculty or staff member requesting access for a guest.) Once the form is submitted and processed, the Guest will be notified of his/her NID and UCFID.
Step 2 – Request Access to Webcourses@UCF
The sponsor must contact Webcourses@UCF Support (email@example.com) and provide the following information:
- Sponsor’s name.
- Sponsor’s department.
- Sponsor’s email address.
- Sponsor’s phone number.
- Sponsor’s UCFID.
Guest User Information
- Guest’s Name.
- Guest’s UCFID.
- Termination date for Webcourses Access.
- Reason for guest’s access.
- Course(s) that require access.
- Type of access.
- Is there a charge for participating/taking the course(s) listed?
Once Webcourses@UCF Support receives this information, the user will be given temporary access to Webcourses@UCF.