Important to Know
Most students use the built-in ePortfolio wizard when building a portfolio. However, this prevents instructors from seeing content from other courses in which the student is enrolled. The most effective method is to download submissions locally and upload them directly into the portfolio. Students have the option to download the original file or a submitted text document with the instructor’s comments as a PDF; instructor grading comments are not included. Some course content cannot be downloaded, such as quiz results or discussion posts. If you want to include this content, you can always create a screenshot and upload it to your ePortfolio to document your interactions.
- Log into Webcourses@UCF and click on Account in the top of the left pane.
- Click on ePortfolios.
- This will bring you to the What’s an ePortfolio page. Click +Create an ePortfolio.
- Next, give your portfolio a name.
- Next, if anyone other than your current instructor needs to see your ePortfolio (for example, for a program review or an employer) then check Make It Public so others can see your portfolio when you provide the link.
- Then click Make ePortfolio. The ePortfolio dashboard will open, and from here you can access any part of the ePortfolio you need.
Once you create an ePortfolio and open it, at the top right of every page is a How Do I…? help prompt. Clicking on this link open a panel at the bottom of Webcourses@UCF that provides a brief description of the different parts of an ePortfolio and how they work together. Clicking on a Show Me link highlights the portion of your ePortfolio that is being described. To close the panel, click the X in the top right corner of the panel.
Add and Organize Sections
- First, create a section for every course or assignment that you want to include in your portfolio. On the left hand side of the screen, directly under the Home section. Click Organize Sections, then select Add Section.
- Click Done Editing. (You can re-arrange the order of sections by clicking Organize Sections, click-and-drag sections into your preferred order, and then click Done Editing.)
- Your first page in a section is called New Page. You can view all the pages in a particular section listed in the upper right hand side of your screen.
- Click the Edit This Page button on the right below the list of pages. Enter a name for the page.
- Next, on the right hand side under the Add Content list, select Rich Text Content, then enter the description of your assignment.
- Next, under the Add Content list select Course Submission. This will bring up a section beneath your Rich Text Content section that will display all submissions you have made to past and current courses. From this list you can select any of the past submissions to download or view.
- Find the submission you want to add to this page and click on the name so that it is highlighted gray. Then click the button that says Select Submission.
- This will bring up another section beneath your Course Submission window that will display the submitted file in another window. From here you will want to click on the file that displays, which will prompt you to save it to your computer. Save the file on your computer in a place where you will be able to access it again. There is a 500 MB size limit per file.
- Next click the trash can icon to the right of the Course Submission (Note that the trash can only appears if your mouse is hovering over that particular section). This will remove the course submission section from the page. The browser may prompt you and ask if you are sure that you want to delete it, go ahead and click OK or Yes.
- Next, go back to the Add Content section and select Image/File Upload. Again this will add an additional section beneath your Rich Text Content section in place of the Course Submission section.
- Click the Choose File button and navigate to the location where you saved your submission file. Click that file and select Open. You should now see the file name to the right of Choose File.
- Finally, click Select/Upload File to upload the file to your portfolio. Wait until the progress bar and the upload is compete.
- Once that is done click the Save Page button at the bottom of the screen.
- Your first assignment page is now complete! To add additional pages click the Organize/Manage Pages link above the list of pages for your section. From here you can add additional pages from more assignments the same way you added sections.