Online Learning Consortium / Sloan Consortium
- 2015 – OLC Effective Practice Award – (UDOIT – Jacob Bates & Karen Tinsley-Kim)
- 2014 – OLC/Sloan-C Fellow (Thomas Cavanagh)
- 2013 – Best-in-Track Award, International Conference on Online Learning (Amy Gregory)
- 2013 – Effective Practice Award (Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository)
- 2012 – Best-In-Track Awards (2), Blended Learning Conference (Kelvin Thompson, Susan Wegmann, Thomas Cavanagh)
- 2012 – Excellence in Institution -Wide Online Education – Learn More
- 2011 – Effective Practice in Online Education Award (Online Faculty Readiness Assessment)
- 2011 – Frank Mayadas Leadership Award (Dr. Joel Hartman) – Learn More
- 2011 – OLC/Sloan-C Fellow (Patsy Moskal)
- 2010 – OLC/Sloan-C Fellow (Dr. Joel Hartman)
- 2010 – Best-In-Track Award, International Conference on Online Learning (Thomas Cavanagh, Linda Futch, & Nancy Swenson)
- 2010 – OLC/Sloan-C Fellow (Chuck Dziuban)
- 2010 – Excellent in Online Teaching Award (Glenda Gunter) – Learn More
- 2009 – Excellence in Online Teaching Award (Susan Wegmann) – Learn More
- 2008 – Ralph E Gomory Award for Quality Online Education
- 2008 – Effective Practice Award (Susan Wegmann) – Learn More
- 2005 – John R. Bourne Outstanding Achievement Award in Online Education (Charles Dziuban) – Learn More
- 2003 – Excellence in Online Teaching & Learning Faculty Development – Learn More
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing quality online learning by providing professional development, instruction, best practice publications and guidance to educators, online learning professionals and organizations around the world. OLC is a key factor in the transformation of the e-Education field. Through our conferences, quality learning opportunities, and tools for individual and institutional success we have been a part of this swift growth.
- 2008 – Leadership Award (Dr. Joel Hartman) – Learn more
- 2005 – Teaching and Learning Award for Online Programs – Learn more
- 1997-1999 – National Learning Infrastructure Initiative – Distance Learning Best Practices
EDUCAUSE helps those who lead, manage, and use information technology to shape strategic decisions at every level. EDUCAUSE actively engages with colleges and universities, corporations, foundations, government, and other nonprofit organizations to further the mission of transforming higher education through the use of information technology.
WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)
- 2013 – WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award (Obojobo Team) – Learn More
WCET is a national, member-driven, non-profit which brings together colleges and universities, higher education organizations and companies to collectively improve the quality and reach of e-learning programs.
The WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award recognizes outstanding efforts by member institutions and organizations in applying an innovative, technology-based solution to a challenging educational need.
United States Distance Learning Association
- 2015 – 21st Century Best Practice Award for Distance Learning
- 2000 – Excellence in Distance Learning Program Award
- 2000 – Individual Excellence Award (Steven Lytle)
The United States Distance Learning Association was the first nonprofit Distance Learning association in the United States to support Distance Learning research, development and praxis across the complete arena of education, training and communications.
American Productivity and Quality Center (APQC) and State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO)
- 1998 – Faculty Development Award for Teaching with Technology
SHEEO is partnering with the American Association of State Colleges & Universities and the Council of Chief State School Officers to promote adoption and implementation of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) by facilitating meaningful dialogue on implementing CCSS among state and local education leaders; identifying strategies to improve college readiness; working with in-service high school teachers to identify and address existing problem areas in preparing high school graduates to be ready for college-level work; and incorporating the new common core standards across teacher preparation programs.
- 2002 – WebCT Exemplary Course Award (Beth Rapp Young)
- 2001 – WebCT Exemplary Course Award (Robert Paugh, Bruce Wilson)
At Blackboard, we started out with a unique idea – if we are not learning something new everyday, we are not moving forward.
Right now, there is a great opportunity to reimagine education, from pre-K through lifelong learning and across the student experience. In the next decade, we will see an incredible influx of new ideas that challenge the status quo and support learners in new ways. As we continue to write our story, we’re working with you to solve some of the biggest problems in education. As a result, we’ve built the best technologies and solutions to help advance our industry in meaningful ways.
But we’re not building new learning products; we’re building a new way for learning to happen.
- 2012 – Student Achievement Award
- 2012 – President Award (Dr. Joel Hartman)
- 2010 – Student Achievement Award
- 2009 – Student Achievement Award
- 2008 – Student Achievement Award
Tegrity provides award-winning lecture capture solutions that improve learning outcomes, impact retention and increase enrollment at numerous academic institutions.
- 2014 – Prudential Productivity Award (Techrangers Team)
- 2014 – Prudential Productivity Award (Online Course Migration Tools)
- 2011 – Davis Productivity Award (Techrangers & Advanced Systems Team)
- 2011 – Davis Productivity Award (Banner Search Task Force)
- 2006 – Davis Productivity Award (Online Course Orientation Team)
- 2005 – Davis Productivity Award (Professional Development Team)
- 2005 – Davis Productivity Award (Techrangers Team)
In 2014 the Davis Productivity Award was renamed to the Prudential Productivity Award.About the Prudential Productivity Award
The Prudential Productivity Awards are made possible through the generosity of Prudential, as Anchor Sponsor, and the vision of the late J.E. Davis and A.D. Davis, co-founders of Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. and co-founders of Florida TaxWatch. Since 1989, the Awards program has publicly recognized and rewarded state employees and work units whose work significantly and measurably increases productivity and promotes innovation to improve the delivery of state services and save money for Florida tax payers and businesses.
IMS Global Learning Consortium
- 2016 – 3rd Annual Connected Learning Innovation App Challenge – Learn more
- 2015 – 2nd Annual App Challenge – Learn more
The mission of the IMS Global Learning Consortium is to advance technology that can affordably scale and improve educational participation and attainment. To ensure that the “Learning Impact” of technology-enabled innovation is achieved around the world, IMS’s influential community of educational institutions, suppliers, and government organizations develops open interoperability standards, supports adoption with technical services, and encourages adoption through programs that highlight effective practices.
- 2016 – Campus Technology Innovators Award (UDOIT – Jacob Bates & Karen Tinsley-Kim) – Learn more
Campus Technology is one of higher education’s top information sources — delivering valuable information via a daily site, monthly digital magazine, newsletters, webinars, online tools and in-person events. It’s the go-to resource for campus professionals — providing in-depth coverage on the technologies and implementations influencing colleges and universities across the nation.
Miscellaneous Video Awards
- 2011 Bronze Telly – Sociology of Popular Music (Non-Broadcast – Education)
- 2011 Bronze Telly – Diverse Client Populations (Non-Broadcast – Education)
- 2011 Excellence in Video Production – Video@CDL
- 2010 Bronze Telly – Medical Sociology (Non-Broadcast – Education)
- 2009 Excellence in Video Production – Video@CDL
- 2009 Excellence in Video Production – Video@CDL
- 2007 Bronze Telly – UCF Creed (Non-Broadcast – Education)
- 2007 Silver Telly – Michelangelo’s Footsteps (Videography/Cinematography)
- 2007 Bronze Telly – Stars & Strings (TV Programs – Documentary)
- 2007 Bronze Telly – Don’t Bet On Us (Regional TV/Cable – PSA)
- 2007 Bronze Telly – By Faculty, For Faculty (Promotional – Information)
- 2006 Excellence in Video Production – Video@CDL
- 2006 Bronze Telly – IT Security @ UCF (Non-Broadcast – Education)
For over a quarter century, the Telly statuette has been a symbol of creative excellence. Silver Winners are awarded a Silver Telly statuette, the highest honor. Bronze Winners are awarded a Bronze Telly statuette. Designed by the same firm that makes the Oscar® and Emmy®, the Telly statuette is nearly 12 inches tall and weighs more than 4 1/2 pounds. In addition, each entry chosen as a Silver or Bronze Winner is awarded a commemorative certificate. If you wish to honor other members of your team, your client, or anyone else involved in your award-winning entry, additional statuettes and certificates are available.
The Aurora Awards
- 2008 Gold Aurora Award – A College to Last
- 2008 Gold Aurora Award – The Gallery (Graphic Design)
- 2008 Gold Aurora Award – The Gallery (Cinematography)
- 2008 Gold Aurora Award – The Gallery (TV Documentary)
- 2008 Platinum Best of Show – Jesse & the Gyro (Institutional Commercial)
The Aurora Awards winners are rewarded with the
“Platinum Best of Show” or “Gold Award”. The Best of Show is the highest honor and is awarded to an average of about on in ten entries. The Gold Award is next with an average of two in ten receiving this award. Each award is accompanied by an authentic non-reproducible embossed and foil printed certificate. This unique design features a holographic foil that gives the Aurora her 3D look.
The Communicator Award
- 2011 Gold Communicator – Medical Sociology (Film & Video Academic)
- 2011 Gold Communicator – Sociology of Popular Music (Film & Video Academic)
- 2011 Gold Communicator – Diverse Client Populations (Film & Video Academic)
- 2011 Silver Communicator – Personal Learning UCF (Film & Video Academic)
- 2011 Silver Communicator – Powerful Learning UCF (Film & Video Academic)
Award of Excellence Winners are awarded a Gold Communicator statuette, the highest honor. Award of Distinction Winners are awarded a Silver Communicator statuette. Winners that wish to commemorate their achievement will have the opportunity to purchase a winner’s package, which includes one statuette and one commemorative certificate. If you wish to honor other members of your team, your client, or others involved in your award-winning entry, additional statuettes and certificates are available. By charging only winners for their statuettes, the Communicator Awards is able to keep entry fees accessible and affordable.
National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- 2014 Suncoast Emmy Award – The Committee (Historical Documentary)
- 2009 Suncoast Emmy Award – The Gallery: West Side Story (Education/Schools TV Program)
- 2008 Suncoast Emmy Award – The Gallery: Visual Literacy (Education/Schools TV Program)
The Suncoast Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is the standard-bearer for excellence in the television industry and the gatekeeper of the prestigious regional EMMY® Awards in the Suncoast Region. The Suncoast Chapter represents the best and brightest television and media professionals from all disciplines of the industry and from all of the Suncoast region’s television markets.
- 2014 Love Your Shorts Film Festival “Best Documentary Award” – The Committee (Documentary)
- 2014 Durban Gay & Lesbian Film Festival “International Jury Award for Best Documentary” – The Committee (Documentary)
- 2013 Florida Historical Society Hampton Dunn Internet Award – The Committee (Documentary)
- 2012 Broadcast Education Association Festival of Media Arts “Best of Competition” – The Committee (Documentary)
- 2012 “Best of”; list at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase – The Committee (Documentary)